Kubu Lodge is known for its intimate hospitality, borne from years of being an owner-managed establishment. The 'Home in the Heart of Africa' moniker is made possible by the facilities that are on offer.
- Leathaba (seTswana for 'sunrise') Restaurant delivers fine, alfresco, dining where freshness and simplicity delivers a delightful fusion of traditional African cuisine with a European flair. The expansive dining deck overlooks the lodge grounds and Chobe River; marrying gourmet meals with spectacular views. For those special occasions, enjoy a starlit dinner, with hippos grazing the lawns below, at the romantic private 'boma'.
- Morubisi (seTswana for 'owl') Bar and adjoining cocktail deck is the ideal place to sip your way through another spectacular African sunset, or to swop safari tales with fellow travelers in a convivial, relaxed atmosphere.
- Bushbuck Reading Lounge is located in a quiet corner of the property. A generous Africana library provides inspiration and fascination for the curious mind, or perhaps your competitive nature can be settled with a game of backgammon?
- The Pool is the ideal place to cool off between wildlife activities. Whether you like to swim laps or just 'chill' on a lounger, the setting above the riverbank is an idyllic place to soak up the sun and bush ambience.
- The Letototo (seTswana for 'mongoose') Trail meanders through the thirty-hectare property allowing nature lovers to enjoy the prolific birdlife, marvel at magnificent trees, and perhaps get close to Africa's prettiest antelope - the Chobe Bushbuck.
- At Kubu Lodge we believe the most important connection is with Nature, but for the traveler who needs to 'stay in touch', free WiFi is available 24/7 at the reception lounge and adjoining garden.
- Kubu Campsite on the eastern side of the property is small and secluded, catering for a maximum of 22 campers only. With its own plunge-pool, barbecue and fire pits, ablution facilities, electrical outlets, and even wifi, it handles all the needs of the intrepid camper.
Eleven thatched, wooden chalets are elevated on their own private deck. Spaced out beneath the giant flamboyant and wild fig trees, each chalet enjoys a tranquil setting. Strategically placed among the rolling lawns are comfortable day beds where visitors can relax to the rythm and views of the Chobe River.
The decks of Morubisi (Owl) Bar and Leathaba (Sunrise) Restaurant overlook the river and lodge grounds, marrying gourmet cuisine with spectacular views. A swimming pool, reading/games lounge, and nature trail provide relaxation for the more active, whilst a small curio shop offers a chance to find that perfect gift.
The Chobe National Park is famous for its bird and wildlife diversity, and is home to the largest single population of elephant in the world. Visitors explore the park by motorboat and open safari vehicles. Additional activities include day trips to Victoria Falls, visits to a working crocodile farm, and tours of a wildlife rehabilitation centre.
With Chobe National Park on its doorstep,
the impressive Victoria Falls only an hour’s drive away, and three international airports in close proximity, Kubu Lodge is ideally situated to explore Botswana's many wild places and the neighbouring regions of Zimbabwe, Zambia and Namibia.
Bed and Breakfast or Fully Inclusive?Whether you are a family looking for adventure or a couple celebrating a special occasion, Kubu Lodge offers competitive rates and packages to suit your dream safari.